Hengstwalderziegelhütte is the earlier name of Waldziegelhütte ("brick cottage in the forest"), now a part of the community of Waldmohr. It is located on the road from St. Wendel and Homburg to Kusel and Trier, which passes through Kübelberg, and is named for the brick cottages built from the clay found at the site The first family to settle here was the Müller family from Schmittshausen (in the Catholic parish of Kübelberg), around 1756. Also around this time, the Valentin Metzger a family, herders of the reformed faith, moved here. Two Metzger sons, Nikolaus and Wilhelm, married Müller daughters, Margaretha and Anna Maria.